Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Roon 1 (Class 1):
Made in 2493 with sacred powder in rectangular shape, size 1.4cm wide, 2cm long and 0.5cm thick.
Front: Buddha image in sitting posture under bower. Both sides have stripe pattern.
Back: With letters :Dhamma-kun"
Surface: No lacquer coating
This batch of amulet underwent incantation for 3 months using the "Dharma-kai" path. LP Sodh invited all deva to come along with the incantation. After the incantation, LP Sodh said this was "the most powerful and sacred amulet ever created for the first time in the world". Villagers can see bright light of the temple from miles away.
Back then, whoever donated 25 thb, get a piece of this. That's why it is known as "gift amulet". Many donated 1000, 5000 THB, but only received 1 piece. And each donor got to come himself to get it directly from LP Sodh. And for each pieces given out, LP Sodh blessed the donor and said "These Buddhist amulet must be carefully kept so that when problems and obstacles arose, they can turn to this amulet for help". This turned out to be true as it has helps thousands in many way eventually.
Roon 2 (Class 1):
Made in 2494 with the same materials and mold of roon 1. Except that this batch was coated with lacquer. In amulets collection world, we combined these 2493 and 2494 batch and called them roon 1 (first batch). Nowadays, those with lacquer coating cost higher than normal assuming the two with similar condition.
Made in 2499. Mold was slightly smaller than roon 1. Consist of mainly 2 molds. Deep and shallow mold. and 9 pims. Pim were similar as Roon 1. Thus, to differentiate the two batches, got to look at the materials. The materials used are very different.
Roon 4 is not made by LP sodh. It was made with mixture of broken pieces of roon 1 and 3 by disciples. and yet still exhibit miraculous power. Refer to my sharing on my mum's accident happened many years ago,
Other LP sodh made amulets:
1. 2500, roon 1 rein
2. Ta wai pata harn rein (2501)
3. LP sodh locket 2498 (roon 1)
Pilant was chief abbot of Wat Rakhang in B.E 2413. Somdej Putajarn Toh was 84 years old then. Too old to serve as abbot he felt. Thus he passed over his reign to Pilant who was then already a great disciple to Somdej toh.
Somdej Toh taught him the secret method of making the 5 great holy powders, the way of making somdej just like how Sankaraj sook taught him last time. and in many occasions, Somdej pilant made his somdej with the help of Somdej toh. Together both masters chanted and joint force to make the amulets which are now very rare.
Pilant made his somdej with burn bai lan (palm leafs with written of spiritual scripts and katha) and also blended with 5 type of holy powder passed down by Somdej Toh. Thus, usually Somdej pilant is greyish in colour. and since many of them are kept in chedi for long period of time (follow path of Buddha), many of them with crack surface and stain due to the humid environment.
Many devotees vouch for Somdej pilan amulets for its super natural power, ability to increase metta, dangers avoidance and prosperity.
Various Pims Available:
1. Sumb Pra Toh (most popular and most expensive)
2. Mokkala- Saributh pim
3. Prok Poh yai, prok poh lek
4. Krob Kaew Yai, Krob Kaew lek
5. Pael Plearng Yai, Pael plearng Lej
LP POO was born in B.E. 2373 at Tak Province. At the age of 6, he was ordained as novice ar Ta Koy Temple. Later on, he moved on to Wat inn (formerly known as Wat Bang khum prom)
He studied meditation and incantation under Somdej Putarjarn Toh of Wat rakhang. He was considered one of the most popular and favourite students of Somdej Toh. On several occasions, they went on tudong and pilgrimage to various places.
In the village, there was a story with many eye witness of villagers that LP Pu went into a pond to take a bath due to the hot temperature. At that moment, villagers shouted at him as the pond was known with a big and fierce crocodile. The crocodile killed many people before. LP Pu ignored their warning, and went straight on. True enough, the crocodile came and instead of hurting Lp Pu, it used its jaw to rub against his body 3 times on each sides and swam away peacefully. LP Pu was chanting incantation. Villagers were shocked to witness this and from then on looked for LP Pu when they had any problem.
Why LP Pu was famous among seasoned collectors?
1. LP Pu was the most favourite student of Somdej Toh and had learned incantation directly from the master
2. Very strong psychic power and charisma, respected by many devotees.
3. His amulets contained mixture of all 5 types of sacred powder obtained from Somdej Toh (Wat Rakhang)
4. His amulets are well known for ncreasing charm, loving kindness, escaping from dangers and prosperity.
Various Forms of amulets by LP Pu:
1. Sae Yit Khen Hark Sok (Bend Arm pim - Most popular and expensive pim)
2. Sae Yit Khen Klom (Round arms pim)
3. 8 chan khen hark sok, 8 chan khen klom
4. 7 chan mee hoo (7 bases with long ear)
5. Sam lian phra pidta (Triangle pidta)
6. Pentagonal samadith pim, sangkacai pim etc
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
An amulet competition organised by samakorn (thai buddhist amulets admiration association) at kangpangpet province. Far from bkk. Not as many people as the one last month I attended
Wat paknam roon 3, nur phong, shallow mold, 5th pim - 1st placing
Somdej pilant prok poh deep mold - 1st placing
Friday, November 15, 2013
Sharing my third piece of LP Pu, Wat Inn, Somdej Nur Phong.
There are 4 pim of Taan Koo pattern (i.e. Khen Keap, Khen Kwang, Khen Hak Sork, Khen Klom). Most popular is pim Taan Koo Khen keap (narrow arm) and in term of rare ness, it is pim khen klom (round arm).
The most popular pim for taan koo cost >100,000 thb.
The one shown above is Pim Taan koo khen klom. Round arm pim already considered rare according to the lp Pu Red book. Furthermore, the somdej i have, has special mystical symbol behind. According to the book, one in thousands of lp pu somdej has symbols behind the phra. So, this piece shown is double rareness.
I am fortunate enough to meet Mr. Sama Klong Sam, the judge for nur phong niyom and banjapakee. He personally verified this piece for me in Saraburi Samakorm competition.
LP Pu is one of the only 2 disciples of Somdej Puttajarn Toh. Real and recorded in book of Wat Rakhang. Others like Ajarn Pa, LP Nak, LP Hin are all not disciples of Somdej Toh and has not learn from Somdej Toh before. He was the chief abbot of Wat Inn or Wat Bang kum prom during. Years ago, they were the same.
The other one is Somdej Pilant who took over Somdej Putarjarn Toh as abbot of Wat Rakhang after Somdej Toh passed away. Both are still very much affordable as compared to Somdej made by Putarjarn Toh, Wat Rakhang.
In terms of material, huge amount of Somdej Toh powder were mixed to made this somdej. Hence, the material looks very much alike. Furthermore, this somdej is already close to 100 years ago. Thus, the texture, dryness etc looks alike. On the other hand, they are direct disciple of Somdej Toh.
Thus, the closest replacement of Somdej Toh amulet are undeniably those phra made by either LP Pu or Pilant.
LP Pu was born in 2372 and passed away in 2476. He was 104 years old and had been a monk for 84 years. A very well respected monk during the olden days as he was from royal family of Thai Prime Minister equivalent back then.
Thursday, October 31, 2013
All amulets submitted certified as real and authentic with 6 of them obtain placing...ha.
1. Lp thuat 2497, pim klaang, wat changhai nur wahn - 4th Placing
2. Lp thuat 2508, taurit lang nang seu, pim yai, wat changhai - 2rd placing
3. Lp thuat 2504, khai pla, roon 4, wat changhai - 3rd placing
4. Lp thuat 2524, pim kamakan, wat changhai nur wahn - 1st placing
5. Lp thuat 2506, pim soomkor penang, wat changhai - verified as real. No placing.
6. Bkp 2502, luang dta pan somdej, pim yai lai yok - verified as real. No placing.
7. Bkp 2509, pim jedi meehoo, somdej - 1st placing
8. Lp ea, snake rein, 2521, wat ban chan - 3rd placing
9. Lp boon somdej, wat klang bang keaw - verified as real. No placing.
10. Lp daeng somdej 2513, wat khao ban dai-it - verified as real. No placing.
Will post photos shortly for sharing....
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Sharing some photos for those that didnt manage to participate in this competition.
Also below are what you can do/expect if you are to participate one yourself.
1. Buy competition ticket n collect amulets box. Each amulet needs one ticket n 1 box.
2. Refer to competition Catalogue/book, fill in table no, category no, amulet description, submitter name n contact no in the competition ticket received.
3. Go to respective table, submit amulet n ticket together to the judge.
4. Judge will check your amulet n ticket. Fake amulet, not authentic, repaired amulets will be rejected on the spot. Ticket will be taken away, amulet returned and provided with a temple box without written anything.
5. Real amulets will be kept by judge. Label will be filled up. Submitter receipt will b given.
6. The above process is on going till early afternoon.
7. Judge will start to examine and decide for ranking n placing.
8. After 3pm, queue will start to form at individual table. Organizer will announce if the amulet category is readied for collection. Collection of amulet is by receipt. You need to show them your receipt before they return you the amulet.
Usually event ends at 6-7pm. Some of the categories are usually long queue. Lp thuat, somdej etc.
That's about it.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
This piece need no introduction as I have shared few days ago the piece that I have been wearing all along.
Made by LP Tim of Wat lahanrai, Rayong province. It was released together with the much acclaimed Khum phen plai kuman (KPPK). and in fact this somdej was mixed with Phong plai kuman as well together with the sacred buddhakom powder made by Pu Tim himself. That explained why somdej Yant har and Yant sam 2517/18 is much more expensive than other earlier batch somdej by LP Tim as well. Thus I always advise people to try out somdej yant har/yant sam or loob om before investing in an expensive KPPK. A pim lek, white powder KPPK block 2 costs 120k thb easily now.
I have a fellow collector friend that practises Tibetan Buddhism and meditation for years and he told me that LP Tim amulets is very very powerful. He can feel it when he holds the amulet in his hand. It is second to LP Tim (Wat Changhai) 2505 Taulit. And this collector friend of mine has a vast collection of Somdej/amulets from LP Doem, LP Suk, LP Daeng, LP Nak and of course Pu Tim as well.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
1. Ground broken amulets of Somedej Wat Rakang, Somdej BangKhunPhrom. Wat Sampluen Amulets, Wat Indraviharn, Wat Ngern Klongtoey, LP Prink amulets
2. Holy soil from 4 important Buddhistic places in India,
3. The great 5 holy powder of Itthaje Powder, Maharaj Powder, Tri Nisinghae powder, Padhamang Powder, Budhakhun Powder
4. Bronze dust of casting Buddha from many important temples: Wat Palaelai Suphanburi, Wat Dhevasangkharam Kanchanaburi, Wat Bovornniwej Bangkok, Wat Makutkasart, Wat Phra Singh Chiang Mai, Wat Bodhi. Wat Rajbopit, etc
5. Holy soil from 9 good name areas : Chai Nat, Chaiyaphum, Chaibadal, Phichai, Denchai, Mahachai, Chaiya, Nakonchaisri, Hariphuchai. ( Chai = Victory)
6. Holy water & holy candle wax from 109 temples
Sharing this piece of somdej yant sam by LP Tim, wat lahanrai.
Somdej by lp tim is a good replacement to the expensive khum phen as it is mixed with phong plai kuman as well. I wore it for few years now n I can vouch for its efficacy. Everything is so smooth n it is by far the best period of my career advancement when I wear it.
Brought it for competition last sun (9/8). 4th Placing. Major competition.
Sharing a piece of wat prasart lp thuat nur lang meng that is very rare nowadays. It is brownich in colour n not to confuse with nur khao (white grayish, or white yellowish). The powder is dry with sediment of pidnathang.
This piece is second to nur khao in terms of pricing (assuming similar condition) n equally rare to find. If its condition is better, it might fetch the same price as my nur khao..
For those that know me, I have a soft spot for wat prasart 2506 amulets due to the scale of consecration it had, material used in this batch n masters attended the ceremony..top of the era..
Spent a long time to find one n this piece has 1st placing cert in recent competition. 3rd n 4th placing certs last year. Total 3 certs.
With this, I have almost full range of prasart lp thuat. Haha..
Thursday, July 4, 2013
These are the top ranking LP Sri phra phrom for your reference and enjoyment.:) not many in Malaysia n Singapore n hk are really into lp sri phra phrom but it is very popular among Thai collector n dealer. N of course those that like phra phrom will definitely want to own a piece of these.
1. Oval shape 2512 phrom
2. Four face phrom 2513
3. Small oval shape 2517 Phrom
4. small round phrom 2518
5. Small face Sor sae wee phrom
6. Big face sor sae wee phrom 2524
What I have shared here is the top ranking lp sri big oval shape phrom. Average condition. A piece of this in tip top condition n 100% authentic cost about 400,000 thb now a days..
Another piece in picture is the four face phrom 2513. More classic n with nice silver aura due to aging.
And also big face sor sae wee 2524 which I shared in previous post for your comparison.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Sharing a piece of highly sought after Phra Phrom Sor Sae Wee from LP Sri of Wat Saket.
LP Sri is the top student of Ajarn Heng that are famous for making the most expensive phra phrom rein in Thailand. His Phra Phrom Rein is ranked top ten rein most of the time costing 400,000-700,000 THB. And 80% of Ajarn Heng Phrom was jarned by LP Sri if you compare the jarn behind the phra.
LP Sri learned the sacred art of making phra phrom since young with Ajarn Heng and had acquired the skill long. He was entrusted by Ajarn Heng to hand write jarn together with him during amulet casting and eventually he made his own phra phrom using the same method his master use.
Many different pim was made. but the most famous one apart from the egg shape phrom 2512, are the Sor Sae Wee Big face or Small face. What I have shared is Phrom Sor Sae Wee pim na yai (Big face mold) 2524 with original skin and condition. Jarn is unique and hand written by LP Sri himself. It looks very different from LP Doo Phrom. Qty made is only 400 for big face. And for small face, 2-300. Limited supply causes LP Sri Phrom to increase in price for the past 5 years.
Phra Phrom is very good for wisdom enhancement, protection and intuition for decision making. And plenty of good feedback from collectors of phra phrom of efficacy of those made by LP Sri and it is definitely a good replacement of Ajarn Heng's one if one can't afford the heft price tag of the top phrom made by Him
Friday, June 28, 2013
Another piece of 2534 from AC Nong, Wat Sai kao. This is Pim Yai, Nur Wahn with Silver takrut.
The more I dug, the more I found. Had been checking out old collections from my dad. Apparently he collected many AC Nong from 2530-2541..Mostly still in original temple box.